cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3015 Software Upgrade Problems

j-macdonald
Level 1
Level 1

I have strange issue with one of my VPN 3015 Concentrators, when I upgrade the concentrator beyond version 4.1.7.A (I've tried every version from 4.1.7.B - E), clients connecting via VPN client (any version 4.0 - 4.6) cannot get to hosts on the same LAN segment as the VPN concentrator. I can get to hosts outside of the local LAN segment (I'm using a tunnel gateway - no static routes for internal routing). I can ping and traceroute to the tunnel gateway, but cannot ping or traceroute to a switch on the same LAN as the concentrator, or any Windows servers by name or IP... It just times out... Downgrade the software back to 4.1.7.A and everything works fine again. I've got a VPN 3015 in another location that is setup the exactly same way in regard to client and concentrator configuration (except for external and internal IP addresses) and it works fine after any software upgrade beyond 4.1.7.A. It's currently on 4.1.7.E and works like a charm - just like all my VPN 3005 do... Before I open a TAC case, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same sort of problem in the past and if so what's the resolution?

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The document Release Notes for Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator, Release 4.1.7.B may be able to solve your problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/prod_release_note09186a008035991c.html