cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSAv upgrade to 9.1.2-010

smace
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded our virtual WSA (S100v) to ASync OS version 9.1.2-010 from 9.1.1-074 and the result was an unstable device. Couldn't get in through CLI, Web UI was virtually unusable (you could navigate pages, but none of the buttons worked to actually DO anything). Reverted back to 9.1.1-074 and still having the same stability issues. Can't ssh into the device, I get a network connection timed out error. I can't login to the device on the vSphere console (existing admin passphrase isn't being accepted even though the passphrase does work to log into the web UI). Anything that can be done or is this is a case of just nuking the WSAv and rebuilding it from scratch?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sam Mace

5 Replies 5

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sounds like there is a corruption somewhere, i think best to rebuilding from scratch.

If you the TAC team to get RCA on this, you can open a TAC case however doubt the team can get anything useful but worth a try.

I got same error....

sglykas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have an issue trying to upgrade to 9.1.2-010. The upgrade process terminated with the following error:

Warning: Download and installation of upgrade image failed due to: Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory

Did you got it?

Thanks 

Stamatis...

sglykas  Yes, I got that same error when I did the upgrade. I would plan on you having the same instability problems that I had. Got that exact error, restarted the WSAv and it came up on the new code, even though it got that error. And then the instability even after reverting back. I'd expect you to have many of the same issues I did.

So, I think I will not make a restart until a new upgrade come up. My system is working pretty good with 9.1.1-074. Do you propose something else?