cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex License Overage

Sagar Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, I am new to Cisco Room kit & its subscription process. I am getting the message "License Overage "in https://admin.webex.com/. I have attached its snapshot here with.

Please guide me for the same.

Regards,
Sagar Patel

5 Replies 5

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi team, i have this doubt also. If i have webex meetings license overage in control hub (example 5/2) , what happens ? Cisco will charge for extra licenses? I can host only 2 simultaneous meetings? Nothing happens? Best regards

Hello @csrlima,

it depends on the type of subscription (named user, active user, enterprise agreement). As @jrsteele21 mentioned there is the concept of a "true-up" / "true-forward" billing for excess licenses.

Here you can find a FAQ covering the above topic: Products - True Forward FAQ - Cisco

For example, if you have an enterprise agreement, then there is a growth of up to 20% during the subscription term included without being charged. At the time of the renewal Cisco will the usage and update the EA accordingly. So the benefit of this contract type is that no additional costs are induced during the subscription term. The active user model is a bit different, here the "true forward" will be be done on a yearly basis. Cisco / your partner will review a specific three month period and calculate the average usage. If it is higher than the quantity purchased, then the quantity (and with that the charges) will be adapted next year.

It is advisable to contact your Cisco partner / Cisco account manager and discuss this topic with them.

You can host two simultaneous meetings, but not more than two. This aimed at the scenario where back-to-back meetings are scheduled (e.g. meeting 1 from 10:00 to 11:00 and meeting 2 from 11:00 to 12:00) and the first meeting does not end at 11:00.

Best regards

Igor

Hi, thanks very much for your response. In this case, its NU Named User (Flex3). I already read the FAq you sugest but what i didnt understand yet  is:

1-If they only could do 2 meetings at same time, they will never consume more than they purchase.

2-They configured 5 meeting users (more 3 than purchased), that why it beames license overdue in Control Hub, but its just cosmetic and nothing will happens? we will be charged extra 3 licenses by cisco? The service will stop?

These questions is because, my customer (im a cisco partner) knows that only can have 2 at the same time, but to avoid changes evry time in user licenses, we configure all 5 users with meetings licenses.

Hi @csrlima,

you are welcome! Please find below my comments / thoughts:

1) This is also my understanding, even though it might be seen as a license violation, as the licenses are always user-centric (regardless of the three licensing models). From that point of view, a user is usually not the host of two simultaneous meetings (except for the back-to-back use case). Here I would suggest to get in touch with your Cisco account team and ask them for clarification.

2) The service will not stop, so no worries here. I am not sure, what the billing term for excess licenses is within the named user (NU) licensing model. I think that it was either next month or on a quarterly basis, where Cisco would charge you for the surplus licenses. In that case the license count would go up from 2 to 5, so the subsequent costs would be based on 5 licenses. However, it has been a while since I looked into the licensing models, so there might be some changes. Here as well, I would suggest to reach out to your Cisco account team and ask them for a final clarification.

Best regards

Igor

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

It just means you assigned more licenses than you have.  Cisco will allow you to go over; i think it's 10%.  When it comes time to "true-up" or renew it will be fixed.  I suggest you reach out to yyour partner or Cisco account manager to help get more licenses.