Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex mobile app permision

jsuarez_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

¿Is there an option in Webex Control Hub to restrict the use of the Webex application on mobile devices and only allow it on computers? I have searched for information in the Webex help center but did not find anything useful.

2 Replies 2

matthew.weste
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Suarez,

Thinking about your requirements to restrict users to only using Webex on their PC/Mac and without fully understanding your reasoning to do so I can offer a limited insight.

You can set up in Control Hub under Organisation Settings then Security that the webex app is only launched on a secure mobile device with lock screen.

Or 

If your users are on company cell phones you could use your MDM software to creat a group policy around which apps they have access to.

Hope this helps.

Hi Matthew,

Ok, let me explain, the client wants to restrict the use of Webex on mobile devices to prevent users to get home and use Webex to make personal calls and that this is an expense for the company since they use desktop computers. It is obvious that if users get home and use their personal computer, they can use Webex and make personal calls but what the customer wants is to restrict the use of the application on mobile devices, that's all.

I was thinking about restricting calls by schedule (as it is done in CUCM) and if it can be done individually but I have not seen anything similar in Webex.