cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation on Logbook usuage - Voice call Hangup

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Every time you write to the Logbook within the flow - is adds as a new line.

What I would like is to write to the logbook once per flow - at the end of a call. So we will have a single row per flow in the logbook with a number of different variable values. This sounds to me a very typical requirement. However it does not look like it easy to do?

I am hoping someone can prove that this is possible to do?

A few things I looked at:
Using the Settings -> Flow Outcomes

The flow outcomes unfortunately do not have an ability to log to logbook - I think this would be a great feature - and likely not too difficult to achieve?

The call outcomes can however do a HTTP call, so you could do a HTTP POST with the variable data to another "logging data" flow and then log the data there.  This looks like it works when the flow ends with Error and Incomplete.

The problem is that on a voice call, even if a user hangs up, the call does not always get to the an "End" node - and so you are not able to always trigger a logging capability.

Any ideas on how for a voice call - you can use Log to Logbook or HTTP POST when a user hangs up?

Regards,

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Connect - Abhiram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gerry,

The best way to capture the end of a call in the logbook is by configuring it as part of the "Node group" instead of the end node. Node group is the 3x3 node grid with yellow boundary connected to the call user node/inbound call trigger. You can configure the details by clicking on the setting icon. Here is the documentation link for node group. I will pass on your feedback about enabling logbooks in flow outcomes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Connect - Abhiram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gerry,

The best way to capture the end of a call in the logbook is by configuring it as part of the "Node group" instead of the end node. Node group is the 3x3 node grid with yellow boundary connected to the call user node/inbound call trigger. You can configure the details by clicking on the setting icon. Here is the documentation link for node group. I will pass on your feedback about enabling logbooks in flow outcomes.

Thank you so much. I tested this and it works exactly the way I want it to.

Very much appreciate your response and help,

Gerry