cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIs to monitor Webex Calling Dedicated Instance using third party

philip.alvarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks, I was wondering if remote monitoring and data collection methods such as AXL, RTMT, CDR/CMR transfer via SFTP, Syslog and SNMP are still available for developers to collect system metrics and health data in a Webex Calling DI type deployment.

Can we have our custom scripts deployed on-site on a Linux system query the CUCM remotely using one of the methods mentioned above? Or can we receive CDR/CMR records from the cloud CUCM via SFTP service just like we do with the on-prem CUCM.

Can someone shed some light on this please.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

philip.alvarez
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Sandip.

Based on what you are saying, can I understand the following:

- I can receive syslog messages from the Webex Calling DI on my on-site syslog server.

- I can receive SNMP traps and if applicable query DI components using SNMP.

- I can receive CDR/CMR records via SFTP from the Webex calling DI.

- I can send requests to the RTMT APIs on CUCM remotely.

- I can execute SQL queries via AXL remotely.

- I can collect CPU, MEM stats via Perfmon using AXL.

I was also wondering if a copy of the same CDR/CMR records are available via webexapis endpoint?

Thanks

Hi @philip.alvarez,
Thanks for following up!
So, as you can find in my reply, I'm not sure if the AXL API calls would still execute properly.
Could you kindly confirm us the exact API you're targeting with it and based on that we can confirm further.
Because most of the SOAP API calls are getting deprecated slowly in Webex and in that case, we need to check & confirm what exactly the API you're using here for this AXL setup.

That should help here!

Regards!
Sandip 

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @philip.alvarez,
Thanks for your patience so far!
So, for the AXL or, Administrative XML API - I'm not fully sure if we can still support it.
Because AXL specifically accepts the SOAP request and mostly Webex XML APIs are going to be deprecated soon and already reached the End-Of-Support line.
If you could confirm which exact APIs you're trying to target through this AXL setup, we could assist you better.

However for the other item you mentioned - "an we have our custom scripts deployed on-site on a Linux system query the CUCM remotely using one of the methods mentioned above? Or can we receive CDR/CMR records from the cloud CUCM via SFTP service just like we do with the on-prem CUCM.", yes this is something definitely doable.

Please let us know for any further queries.

Regards!
Sandip