Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh token lifetime not renewed

Elisa SCHEER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some tests regarding webex integration.

I got the client_id, client_secret, code to be able to get the acces_token and refresh_token as described here https://developer.webex.com/docs/integrations but once I want to test to refresh the access token with the refresh token, the access token is renewed but the expiration time of the refresh token is not reset to 90 days.

See below : Capture.PNG

Is there anything I misunderstood? In the documentation it is said that : Generating a new access token automatically renews the lifetime of your refresh token.

Regards,

Elisa

1 Accepted Solution

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Elisa SCHEER the reason for that behaviour is that the expiry time reset is based on a randomly generated number between 86400 and 432000 in secs (1 to 5 days). So it'll reset anytime between 1 and 5 days after last usage and not immediately. So if you were to check it later you would find that the token expiry is actually reset.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Elisa SCHEER the reason for that behaviour is that the expiry time reset is based on a randomly generated number between 86400 and 432000 in secs (1 to 5 days). So it'll reset anytime between 1 and 5 days after last usage and not immediately. So if you were to check it later you would find that the token expiry is actually reset.