Replies

Webex Calling CDR

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I used Webex Sandbox to get Detailed Call History as follow

Request:

https://analytics.webexapis.com/v1/cdr_feed?startTime=2023-05-11T07%3A00%3A00.000Z&endTime=2023-05-11T20%3A00%3A00.000Z&max=50

Response:

{ "message": "User does not have authorized roles.", "trackingId": "WEBEX-DEV-PORTAL_9ef93358-0c59-4b0a-8f3d-b4cfedc88ff8_53" }

TDoan_0-1683881601729.png

Could you please advise me how to fix this issue.

Thank you and look forward to your response.

Regards,

Thuy Doan

5 Replies 5

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@TDoan if the access is correctly set for your Sandbox, you should see this option for the Full Admin user that you are planning to use the API with:

JanosBenyovszki_0-1683887398427.png

Enable that in the Control Hub and it should work.

Hi Janos,

Thank you for the reply.

My "WebEx Calling Detail Call History API Access" option is disabled. I cannot enable this option.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thuy D

Hi Thuy,
It seems like the user account you're using to make the API request doesn't have the necessary permissions.

Here's how you can fix this:

1. Navigate to the WebEx Control Hub by going to this URL: https://admin.webex.com/
2. Click on "Users" in the left-hand menu.
3. Find and select the user account that you're using to make the API request.
4. Once you've selected the user, click on "Roles".
5. In the roles section, look for "WebEx Calling Detail Call History API Access" and enable it.

Here's the URL for quick access: https://admin.webex.com/manage-users/users/[user_Id_GUID]/summary/roles Please replace [user_Id_GUID] with the actual User ID.

Additionally, if you're looking for a more comprehensive solution for managing and analyzing your WebEx data, consider using Expo XT WebEx by Metropolis. This tool uses this API and dozens of other WebEx Calling, Meeting, Message, and WebEx CX APIs. It provides a consolidated dataset with template reports and dashboards, making understanding and utilizing your data easier.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need additional help or have any other questions.

Best,
Paul D
Tech Lead at Metropolis

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the reply.

My Webex user has full admin access from Webex SandBox. But the "WebEx Calling Detail Call History API Access" option is disabled as shown below.

RolesOptions.JPG

Please advise...

I would like to ask you another question. I created a small application to test a List Calls (GET /v1/telephony/calls) API and I used a Token Access from Webex SandBox to get the list details for active calls. But I got an error HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized.

Can I run my appication and use Token Access from Webex SandBox to test GET commands? If not, how to run an application to test GET or POST commands from Webex Calling.

Please advise...

Thank you and look forward to your response.

Regards,

Thuy D

An admin can't change their own roles, that's why everything is grayed out. You'd need to create a 2nd full admin in the org and use that admin to update the other admin's roles.

For the 401 error question, ensure that your use has the Webex Calling license assigned to it. The Call on Webex license that you may see if not the same as Webex Calling license so you need to make sure you have the Webex Calling one.