cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me permanently turn off WebEx assistant!!!!

toddmitchem
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot fond a solution to turn off the most annoying and useless new gesture to WebEx, the virtual assistant. I don’t need or want his annoying thing but every time I start a meeting I need to turn it off. So many meetings this week I wanted to have our company cancel WebEx and move to another service. 

can anyone help me?

12 Replies 12

"Webex assistant" is intrusive.  It should not pop up and stay up when a user happens to mouse over it.  Did Webex learn nothing from Clippy, the Microsoft assistant?  You just reinvented the most unpopular help assistant of all time. 

Juan.Pablo.88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this thread seems old. But I hated that automatic webex assistant popping up every time 
Logged in : 
1. Go to your webex preference home

2. Preferences

3. Scheduling

4. Uncheck "Webex assistant" as shown in picture

5. Save

My life improved 110%

Hope it helps!

Greetings 

My "Webex assistant" is unchecked and it show up at every meeting.  I assume that is a personal room setting.

Hi Juan,

Your post is including company specific URLs.

It's better to delete or sanitize contents.

Regards,

jarshad
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to add to this thread that a non-administrator can disable the feature by navigating to their Webex site and selecting Preferences>Scheduling> disable the checkbox for Automatically turn on the Webex Assistant whenever I start a meeting

nathanaelb
Level 4
Level 4

Webex Assistant is a licensed feature, which I assume you ordered. If you want to disable it site wide as alluded to by the person above, you can in WCH under Services -> Meeting -> Common Settings -> Site Options  (See WebexAssistant.jpg)

You could also remove the feature from all user by exporting the users and changing the Webex Meeting Assistant column to FALSE for all user and re-importing the list.

Individual users can also set it to not start every time in their end user portal (see WebexAssistant_2.jpg)

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to take this up with your Webex administrator.
Webex Assistant can be turned on/off for a whole organisation, a Webex site or specific users, as described in the following article:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nwl9xii/Enable-or-Disable-Webex-Assistant-for-Meetings-in-Control-Hub

Response Signature

I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!

Under site settings in Control Hub.  you will find Common Settings.  In that section there is the Webex assistant Configuration.  From there you can turn off Webex assistant all together or set it to no longer turn on by default and the user would have to turn it on in the meeting when they want to use it.  That said, Live Transcription and Translation is part of Webex Assistant for Meetings, so if you have portions of your company that use these I would suggest just making it so the host has to turn them on for each meeting instead of completely shutting down the feature.  

I can not imagine a use for they annoying feature. Thanks, I finally had someone there call me and turn it off. What a terrible option. What on earth was the use case for this, besides a tech person trying to justify their job?

Glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

Webex Assistant has many useful features, including:

* live close captioning -> very helpful for the death and hard of hearing community
* live close captioning w/ live translation -> helpful with global meetings and for people who's first language may not be english
* live transcription -> helpful to help take meeting notes and have a transcript of who said what
* ability to assign action items

Webex Assistant definitely has it's use cases.  Personally I usually leave it on, but it is a preference.

None of these apply to our use case.