cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex mouse pointer freeze

irfanh07
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, we are facing a strange issue from last Thursday that if we are giving remote sessions to anyone and it works like charm but after few minutes of usage the mouse pointer gets freeze. I noticed that if remote user keeps the machine idle for sometime, they can not use the mouse until we physically move the mouse.Also, keyboard works normally.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

malab31793
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you're experiencing an unusual issue with remote sessions where the mouse pointer freezes after a few minutes of usage. While it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without more information, it's worth checking the functionality of the mouse itself to rule out any hardware-related problems.

I recommend using the ClickTester website to verify if your mouse is working properly by performing the 10-second CPS Test.

mattnicholas
Level 1
Level 1

@irfanh07 wrote:

Guys, we are facing a strange issue from last Thursday that if we are giving remote sessions to anyone and it works like charm but after few minutes of usage the mouse pointer gets freeze. I checked my mouse with clicker test and the mouse did not work. I noticed that if remote user keeps the machine idle for sometime, they can not use the mouse until we physically move the mouse. Also, keyboard works normally.

Thanks in advance.

I had this issue today. Here's what fixed it for me.

Go to Start > Control Panel.
Double-click the Display icon.
If the Display icon is not visible, click the Appearance and Personalization link, then click the Display link.
Select the Smaller - 100% (default) or Medium - 125% radio button, then click Apply.
Restart the computer.

After the restart, your mouse will appear correctly in a desktop or application share.

Zapa
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, bot 32 and 64bits versions. No improvement.

I was working with an old i5 laptop un-updated, but I've been forced to update the webex meeting app and now I'm experiencing the problem too.

It's only happening with the mouse input, as far as my typing on consoles is pretty realtime responsive.

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Did you fine a resolution.

regards

Ian

Hi, Yeah it has something to do with power settings of windows. In advanced
power settings of current selected plan , you need disabled the “usb
selective settings “ After doing this webex is working ok.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Not working for me, sadly

This does not work for me either

I have also tried to install 32bit version of the client on the machine and it was worse

OS Version: W10 EN Build:1909 64bit

Hello Irfanh07, 

I had the same issue above, and I tried your solution unfortunately it didn't work.