Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex smart audio not working for Cisco 980 (Bang & Olufsen) headset

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Does anyone experience issues with smart audio option not working in Webex app, after upgrading Cisco 980 headset using B&0 app? Feature is active, but mic. picks up everything in room regardless of setting in smart audio.
I have tried to factory reset headset and reconnect to Bluetooth, no change.

\Henrik

1 Accepted Solution

mdubec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Henrik,
I can confirm the same issue and couple of my colleagues also. The headset is not useable in the office. I have a TAC case and they confirm me that it is a bug in the latest firmware. Cisco is working on the patch. But it already takes over one month now
BR
Michal

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi - New SW has finally been released 21. dec 23, It can be donwloaded here or via B&O mobile app: Bang & Olufsen Cisco 980 release notes (webex.com).
I have not tested so can't verify if its working

\Henrik

HenrikLarsen_0-1704978165525.png

Hi Henrik,
we tested it and I can confirm that it is much much much better now with noise suppression.
I hope that there will not be any new bug.
Michal

Hello

I tested it after there update.

So now I again have a headset that can be used professionally.

Just too bad it took so long..

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Is anyone from Cisco/B&O watching this space?
Sorry for the harsh words her, but I find it ridiculous that Cisco and B&O joins forces and introduce a premium headset for UC and then release an update which basically turns the headset into a music only device as it's useless office environment after upgrade. 
Update released 04.04.23 and still no new version available - so much for a premium device, just not good enough!
When can we expect a fix that makes this headset usable for voice again ?

This thread has 7879 followers. Can I please ask each and everyone of you followers, who are in some way impacted by this (directly or indirectly), to click the thumbs-up icon to Henriks post above? We need to emphasize to Cisco the importance of getting this resolved. B&O is responsible for releasing the firmware, so we need Cisco to put more pressure on B&O to get this solved.

Hello, for me it is incomprehensible that two companies like that go so far into quality and sound. agree to deliver something so poor.. I have spoken to several from Cisco without feeling that they take it particularly seriously

I have been facing the same issue for the last month. I was trying to do this for applying on my web page. But I am stuck please someone help me out.

Sascha Heilmann
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any chance to download an older firmware-file like for the 730 ?  I want to downgrade, cause this piece of metal is crap now

Hi Sasha, I have asked about this too and It's not possible to downgrade

Hi,
no, there is not possible to download firmware for the 980 series. I asked TAC and the answer is that the production team doesn't want to provide it

Sascha Heilmann
Level 1
Level 1

Latest Firmware seems to be a mess....
ANC is working like in a 50$ Headset.
Compared to an Sony WH1000-XM3, it does not do half the supression of surrounding sounds.
While I am on full ANC, I can easily talk to my collegues in the room and I hear every word they whisper.

mdubec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Henrik,
I can confirm the same issue and couple of my colleagues also. The headset is not useable in the office. I have a TAC case and they confirm me that it is a bug in the latest firmware. Cisco is working on the patch. But it already takes over one month now
BR
Michal

Hey Mike, do you have the TAC case number?

Hi Henrik,
the case number is 695437703. But this case is already closed. The result is that we have to wait for the new firmware. And the bug ID doesn't exist, because the vendor is B&O
Michal

Hello, after that long period of time, is there any update to the TAC case ??
We are going to buy 400 Jabras now, because we cannot take the risk that Cisco will never fix this...
I think too few people have that extraordinary expensive headset and there is not much pressure on Cisco or B&O to care about their customers

Hi Sasha,

the result is that we have to wait for the new firmware update. But there isn't ETA for this firmware
Michal

Hi Michal,

do you have a BugID that we can follow?

Thx, Per

Hi Per,

the answer from TAC case is:

The BU is working on this but since the B&O are a third-party vendor, we don´t have a BUG ID for this.

So we have to wait
Michal

Thanks Michael, just had this confirmed from other channel

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Doesn't work with USB dongle either, other bluetooth headset and USB headset works fine