Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 and VLAN

FloFlex
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We bought a WAP371 Wireless access point in order to create 2 Wifi access points. One for our internal usage, and another for guests with limited access. But I'm struggling configuring the whole thing.

As far as I understood I have to create 2 Networks on the WAP371 each dedicated to different VLANs ( 2 WLANs on the same subnet because the WAP371 only have one IP address).

The WAP371 is connected to a CISCO SF300-24PP switch, on a port configured in"trunk"mode accepting VLAN1 and 25. 

For now, the switch is connected to a port of the router which accepts the untagged VLAN 1 (internal vlan). In this configuration, everything works correctly except the VLAN25 which is normal.

When I add a new connection between the switch (Access mode or trunk mode) and another port of the router accepting a Tagged VLAN25, everything stops working, no internet access anymore in the company.

What did I do wrong ?

Thanks for your help in advance,

2 Replies 2

robert
Level 1
Level 1

2021, same problem with the same devices CISCO SF300-24PP and WAP371 but the same with SG350, the problem is in some incompatibility or the devices no longer work properly, the user has other CISCO WAP devices they work great but on WAP371 always some problem, VLAN 2 puts the IP address of VLAN 1 and then reports that there is no internet, CICSO is percent **bleep** equipment, I get sick of them