cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2802E as a Wireless Bridge

patelvc7601
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2802E Cisco AP. We wanted to use as wireless bridge . In older ap there was standalone mode 

but with newer ap whatever I read it's not supported anymore & this ap comes with mobility express.

Can you set up the bridge mode in Mobility express ? 

which AP is supported for this bridge mode ? is bridge mode is same as WGB ?

Sincerely

Viral Patel

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is not bridge support in Mobility Express. 2702 & 3702 would of been a better choice for now until they implement that feature in Mobility Express.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just wanted to bump this thread, we have had 3702Es going for a while as our primary point-to-point bridging solution with the odd 1532 required here and there for longer distances, cannot buy the 3702s (new) anymore obviously since last year.

I have seen some recent stuff recently about using ME to do a mesh bridge but I'm needing P2P, not crazy distances but the 1562 seems overkill for what I require. Possibly $$ as well? Has anyone found an alternative to using 3702Es with autonomous images for P2P bridge?

You should look at other vendors that specifically build P2P bridges. Bridgewave, Exalt, or lower cost Ubiquity.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

All these latest Wave2 APs (2800/3800/2560) do not support autonomous mode. Therefore no direct replacement for point to point autonomous bridge (mesh or WGB is the alternative solution). But from a reliability point of view, it has not come closer to those autonomous AP. Here is how you can configure wave2 AP as WGB if you are interested

https://mrncciew.com/2020/07/07/cisco-2800-3800-ap-as-wgb/ 

I would see if you can buy those 3702 from elsewhere if that solution worked best for you.

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card