cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point

richprime890
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, can the cisco catalyst AP model 9136I, act as Autonomous.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- No , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Pulkit Mittal
Level 1
Level 1

If the WLANS are not broadcasting on a Cisco WLC model 9800-L with AP model 9136I, here are some steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify Configuration:

• Ensure that the Country setting on the WLC matches the AP model number.
    • Confirm that the AP is receiving the required power for its radios to operate.
    • Check if both 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n/ac are enabled under wireless settings.
  2. AP Group and SSID:

• Verify that the AP is in the correct AP group that has the required SSID configured.
    • Ensure that the SSID is in an enabled state.
    • Confirm that the SSID is being broadcasted.
  3. Debugging and Logs:

• Collect logs and debug information from the WLC to identify any issues.
    • Use the Wireless Config Analyzer to analyze the output of commands like show tech wireless.
    • Check for any errors or warnings related to WLAN configuration.
  4. Firmware and Compatibility:

• Ensure that the WLC is running a supported firmware version for the Catalyst 9136I AP.
    • Consider upgrading to the suggested release (e.g., 17.8.1) for better feature availability.

Remember to follow these steps systematically to diagnose and resolve the issue.

If you find this useful, please mark it helpful and accept the solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- No , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks so much.

Hi Sir, if you don't mind, am deploying a wireless network using Cisco wlc model 9800-L with AP model 9136I, i have created all the required policies, configured the country code as GH, since am deploying in Ghana, configured the Wlans but the wlans is not broadcasting. Can you please advise.

- Please start a new thread ,

M.

Indeed a new thread will help users, because the new topic will have its own discussion and comments ina separate thread.
Also, may I suggest to better use questions marks? They help a lot to visually identify the true questions in a text body and truly help the reader in identifying what is expected by him/her, in case he/she wants to contribute to the discussion-

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/35806/when-is-it-appropriate-to-end-a-question-without-a-question-mark

HTH

Pulkit Mittal
Level 1
Level 1

If the WLANS are not broadcasting on a Cisco WLC model 9800-L with AP model 9136I, here are some steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify Configuration:

• Ensure that the Country setting on the WLC matches the AP model number.
    • Confirm that the AP is receiving the required power for its radios to operate.
    • Check if both 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n/ac are enabled under wireless settings.
  2. AP Group and SSID:

• Verify that the AP is in the correct AP group that has the required SSID configured.
    • Ensure that the SSID is in an enabled state.
    • Confirm that the SSID is being broadcasted.
  3. Debugging and Logs:

• Collect logs and debug information from the WLC to identify any issues.
    • Use the Wireless Config Analyzer to analyze the output of commands like show tech wireless.
    • Check for any errors or warnings related to WLAN configuration.
  4. Firmware and Compatibility:

• Ensure that the WLC is running a supported firmware version for the Catalyst 9136I AP.
    • Consider upgrading to the suggested release (e.g., 17.8.1) for better feature availability.

Remember to follow these steps systematically to diagnose and resolve the issue.

If you find this useful, please mark it helpful and accept the solution.

@Pulkit Mittal  - Please defer from entering AI generated content on the community , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card