Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 constantly restarting.

rramish06
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a problem with my AIR-AP1832I-E-K9. It can't connect to my Mobility Express after a reboot. It gets an IP but I can't connect to it via ssh. I tried connecting to it via console and resetting it but nothing changed. I attached full logs of its startup and shutdown so if anyone can help, please do.

Thanks in advnace.

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The attachments are missing  , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

My apologies. Should be fixed now.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@rramish06 

Confirm that you either have DHCP Option 43 configured or statically assigned as per below

AP#capwap ap primary-base <WLCName> <WLCIP>

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

It is set to DHCP and the IP is correct. Also that command didn't work. I also attached the show run-config command output.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

AP and ME WLC are on same subnet so no option 43 needed:
> [*01/05/2024 12:32:57.4874] ethernet_port wired0, ip 172.12.0.43, netmask 255.255.255.0, gw 172.12.0.254, mt u 1500, bcast 172.12.0.255, dns1 8.8.8.8, dns2 87.253.32.130, vid 0, static_ip_failover false, dhcp_vlan_fai lover false
> Primary controller IP : 172.12.0.100

What software version is the ME WLC running?  AP has:
[*01/05/2024 12:32:18.7495] Active version: 8.8.111.0
[*01/05/2024 12:32:18.7495] Backup version: 8.3.112.0
Both quite old!

It seems to be restarting due to WCP watchdog.  You could try re-installing the software manually.  But given that this is an 1832 there's also a strong possibility the AP has gone faulty and will need RMA. (we've been replacing about 20 of them every month for last few years)

Hi, i may have same problem on my 1832 access point, is it possible to disable WCP watchdog from cli?

also, could access point gone faulty after reboot? 

thanks

is it possible to disable WCP watchdog from cli?
No that's part of the OS - it's just a symptom of the underlying problem.  It's an attempt by the OS to recover from an unknown fault situation by restarting the AP.

thanks for your response.

but i would also like to know, could access point gone faulty after reboot?

Yes - it's a well known phenomenon of tech kit that components which are close to tolerance limits may keep going ok until the device is power cycled or reloaded, and then either fail due to stress of start up or fail the Power On Self Tests.  The other failure which can often become evident on reload is flash corruption because it may only become apparent when the OS needs to be loaded from flash.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card