Views
Helpful
Replies

Android Phone is not browsing for internet

zohaib.shabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have CUWN, WLC 5508 is installed and APs are 1142. Network is working fine but I am facing the problem with Android phone which are not browsing for internet.

Android phones connectes with wi-fi, it takes IP from DHCP well, which is pingable from any node of network. even I got be GUI of WLC on Android, but when it goes to browes for internet the message displayed " Page cannot be disply".

In same scenario if configure the Public IP on Android Phone (Via DHCP or Static) then it runs the internet smoothly.

Where is the proble?????

Sajjad Sherazi

6 Replies 6

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Sajjad,

Is this with all Android devices or just one specific type of Android device? Is it possible that this could be a packet fragmentation issue? Can the phone ping the web servers but jut not render the page? I would also check that DNS is functioning properly on the phones as well. If you have multiple controllers you may want to push one AP to the other controller for testing.

Thanks,

Hi

With all Android have same issue. All the network settings through dhcp and we have a single controller.

I didn't ping from Android to web server. I will try after finding the android ping applicaton.

Regards

Sajjad Sherazi

I would also like to know what state the client is in per the WLC. If the client is in the run state I would think we have a client issue or perhaps a routing problem outside of the WLC.

HI

Remember that Android is working fine with Public IP, in same sanerio.

Secondly there is no routing issue outside the WLC because other clients, like Laptops, Blackberry, e-book, etc are working smoothly.

Regards

Sajjad Sherazi

johnkristian
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find any solution for this?
I have / have had this problem on several WLC/AP configs.

Twistedmanga7
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having somewhat same problem. I was trying to access internet on my IPhone 12 and I was using a Cisco 1841 Enterprise Router.  I was not able to access many webpages including this Piso WIFI Website. Not only this I was also not able to access my FB account which can be accessed easily from any other. I am not sure what is the cause of this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card