Views
Helpful
Replies

ANT2566D4M-RS antenna and warehouse

iores
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what it is your experience with this antenna in warehouse environment especially for areas between racks? What else did you used it for?

How do you choose antenna based on gain for areas between racks? For example, if this area is 60m or longer, would you go with 13dBi antenna or would you choose ANZ2566D4M-RS?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this article : https://lwcom.ae/blog/wireless-network-at-a-warehouse-or-it-s-not-as-simple-as-it-seems/
    The particular antenna type (ANT2566D4M-RS is mentioned too ; use Find with you browser and 'read around'.....

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000 

I know about this article. However, I wanted to hear reasoning why to choose this antenna over one with gain of 13dBi, for example. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get a wireless placement design done by a professional because the software they use can mate an AP to the appropriate WiFi antenna based upon the layout of the racks.  

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have used this Antenna between aisles. Each warehouse has been different, I have generally gone with 2 of them pointing from each end and it will cover the 60m, that being said I always do a site survey to confirm

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card