cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cached credentials when remote ap loses connection to wlc

che
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centrally located wlc and access points spread over several "remote" locations.

Is it in anyway possible to have an AP act like a credentials cache, at least for little while for existing wireless connections, until the wlc is back??

In this case the authentication is 802.1X with certificates.

I seem to remember something about this beeing possible in som degree but i fail to find it in written text.

Hopefully someone can shead some light on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FlexConnect, with a Flex Group, can do this to some extent.  It doesn't cache the credentials, but it does allow you to define a 'backup' radius server that the AP can authenticate with durin the timeframe that it can't reach the WLC>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FlexConnect, with a Flex Group, can do this to some extent.  It doesn't cache the credentials, but it does allow you to define a 'backup' radius server that the AP can authenticate with durin the timeframe that it can't reach the WLC>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for the quick response that was exactly the info i was looking for.

Now to see if the theory meets with reality.

Thank you again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card