cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to guest wifi on iphone's

collrbbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guy's I have an issue when iPhones attempt to log into guest Wi-Fi the EUA page flashes and then quickly disappears. it works fine with other devices. Any tips?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To resolve the certificate trust issue, typically the best way to handle this is by obtaining a certificate from a globally trusted certificate authority such as DigiCert, Entrust, Symantec, Godaddy etc.  

These issuers are globally trusted across manufacturers and are used to issue certificates for public websites. 

https://www.digicert.com/faq/public-trust-and-certificates/how-do-i-order-a-tls-ssl-certificate#:~:text=All%20of%20our%20products%20can,CSR%20and%20install%20your%20certificate.

You can order a certificate form a provider like this. You'd submit a CSR to the provider and receive a certificate back from them, which you could then bind to ISE and associate the desired portal tag to it. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what iOS on iPhone, try different iOS version see if that works, may be the web portal may be not compatible.

try any other browser available in your phone - open the webpage manually and check ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

collrbbrt
Level 1
Level 1

iOS 17.1.2 I have also tried a different iOS and different browser. still failing to connect. EUP shows up and disappears off screen quickly.   

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using ISE?

Yes I'm using ISE

collrbbrt_0-1705010616406.png

Go to Administration > Identity Management > Groups.  

Find the repository where all the MAC addresses are stored and manually enter the MAC address of the iPhone.

This is affecting all iPhones in the facility. Also I have several guests
that come around and require connection.

If this affects "all iPhones" then it has something to do with the way the EULA is formatted.  

Does this affect iPads?

it is affecting iPhones and iPads. but androids are working fine.

collrbbrt
Level 1
Level 1

So it seems the EUP portal cert is not trusted by client (Iphones) how would I address this?

To resolve the certificate trust issue, typically the best way to handle this is by obtaining a certificate from a globally trusted certificate authority such as DigiCert, Entrust, Symantec, Godaddy etc.  

These issuers are globally trusted across manufacturers and are used to issue certificates for public websites. 

https://www.digicert.com/faq/public-trust-and-certificates/how-do-i-order-a-tls-ssl-certificate#:~:text=All%20of%20our%20products%20can,CSR%20and%20install%20your%20certificate.

You can order a certificate form a provider like this. You'd submit a CSR to the provider and receive a certificate back from them, which you could then bind to ISE and associate the desired portal tag to it. 

collrbbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Fixing the Cert Issue on ISE helped to fix this issue..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card