Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2500 Wireless Controller, limit bandwidth for WLANs

Viktor-Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I need help, I have a problem with limiting the speed for connections on a guest network. I've already studied the manual several times, but I can't figure out if there are any such settings on the Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller, Product Version: 8.5.105.0?

If there is an implementation of this task, please help me.

p.s.
in the QoS settings - Profile - <select my profile>, there is no way to set limits, also in WLANs - <my wlan> - QoS there is no this item...
Turning off 802.11a & 802.11b did not solve the situation either
I tried through the GUI and CLI, these settings are not there...

Thank you!

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/113682-bdr-limit-guide-00.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, your recommendation does not solve my problem. The Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller does not have Bandwith Contracts settings in both the Wireless - QoS - Profile and WLANs - QoS settings.

These settings are missing both in the controller documentation and on the controller, I have already checked.

As you'll see in the link @marce1000 shared:
"These controllers support Rate Limiting: 5508, 5520, WiSM-2, 3504, 7500 and 8500 series."
2504 is not in that list.

You are using an end of support product with limited capability.  If there's a business requirement for those features you should investigate upgrading to currently supported APs and WLC (9800 series).

I already realized that the 2500 series is limited in capabilities

Thank you again.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Hello!

I will study this issue further and provide an answer.

There is no such option available on WLC 2504 sw  8.5.182.7 but on the same version for vWLC there is option to limit speed, interesting.

vWLCvWLCvWLCvWLC

vWLCvWLCWLC2504WLC2504WLC2504WLC2504WLC2504WLC2504

But take note from the link @marce1000 shared:

• These controllers support Rate Limiting: 5508, 5520, WiSM-2, 3504, 7500 and 8500 series. On virtual controller platforms (vWLC), per-client downstream rate limiting is not supported in FlexConnect central switching.

Cisco developers could implement this option for WLC 2504 - FlexConnect local switching also long time ago, as it not require compute power from 2504, this feature it is implemented in 2702 AP standalone firmware if I remember correctly.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card