cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-AP2802E-E-K9 (AS A CONTROLLER , ...)

Hi.

Community members I have AIR-AP2802E  as A controller that has been working not until resently when Aple Phone & IPAD uses complain they can no-longer connect to use internet service on the wireless device.

Secondly , I can no longer login into the device to setup more SSID as usual.

I don't know if anyone has encountered this kind of issues.

Regards

2D-TECHJ

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Sorry  , but if you are unable to logon to this mobility express based AP , then there is not much you can do , perhaps reset and configure again from scratch , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

jagan.chowdam
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried console access?

Are you using local admin credentials to login or is it configured to use AAA services like RADIUS / TACACS? 
If admin access is with Local credentials, then like marce1000 said in his post, you can't recover password for ME. You need to reset AP to factory defaults and configure it from the beginning. 

Ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_0110.html

Process to factory default the AP:

• The Mode button helps reset the Access Point to its original settings.
  • To reset, press and hold the Mode button while turning on the AP.
  • Keep the button pressed for 20 seconds, then let go.
  • Look for a confirmation message in the console – this means the AP is resetting.
  • After resetting, the AP will restart and go back to its factory settings.
  • If the AP has the Mobility Express controller image, it will start broadcasting the CiscoAirProvision SSID after the reset.

Important things to remember:

• When you do a factory reset, you have to set up the ME AP again from the beginning.
  • Make sure to bring down all other APs until you reconfigure the main ME AP. This is a wireless network down situation. 
  • After setting up the ME AP, you can bring the other APs back online.

CJ

/**Please rate all helpful responses**/

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you say you cant login, is this via GUI or CLI? If GUI try CLI

Have you tried rebooting it? Are other clients connecting?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card