cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller 17.3.3 SP port activation

Navneet Panwar
Level 1
Level 1

We have Two Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller and version 17.3.3.

Both WLC configured in HA mode and working fine. I want to connect the both WLC to Network by SP port so that I can access both WLC. It will be helpful during HA configuration.

So How can I do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where are you stuck? From WLC side it is very simple. Just access both the WLC's via console and configure the Service port. Sample config as below.

!

interface GigabitEthernet0
vrf forwarding Mgmt-intf
ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
negotiation auto
no cdp enable

!

ip route vrf Mgmt-intf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.1

!

If you want to do it via SSH, configure the primary WLC first then do a failover and then configure the secondary WLC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can show a small diagram of how is your network connection.

or refer below HA deployment :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-743627.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where are you stuck? From WLC side it is very simple. Just access both the WLC's via console and configure the Service port. Sample config as below.

!

interface GigabitEthernet0
vrf forwarding Mgmt-intf
ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
negotiation auto
no cdp enable

!

ip route vrf Mgmt-intf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.1

!

If you want to do it via SSH, configure the primary WLC first then do a failover and then configure the secondary WLC.

Hello Arshad Safrulla,

Sorry for being late and it's working perfectly.

Many Thanks for your reply and have a good day.

Navneet Panwar

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you are trying to do something that isn't really supported.  The SP is really for OOB, and like what others have mentioned, setting up HA N+1 or HA SSO, is simple using the GUI, ssh or console.  Console is probably your best friend when you break something, but connecting the SP to the network might cause you more issue if the SP is routable and can hit the management.  I think back in the day's, folks use to do this, but connect it to an isolated vlan (no svi) that they have access to from their office.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card