Views
Helpful
Replies

Coverage Area vs Location regions

sisentner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am confused on the difference between coverage area(coverage and perimeter) and location regions within Cisco Prime(1.4).  Also a question about drawing in obstacles such as walls.

Within Coverage are you have "coverage area" and "perimeter".  I am guessing that the perimeter  helps planning mode determine how many and where to put AP's.    I am not sure what coverage area is for.  Along with this when entering planning mode you already have an aqua dotted line which you can resize to modify the area you want to cover.  My understanding is that either perimeter, coverage or inclusion area would override this aqua area since you can shape the perimeter, coverage or inclusion area to match the walls in your drawing.

I am guessing that exclusion area would be an area where device's are not able to connect from...which would be determined by MSE? 

I am also wondering about drawing interior walls with the heat maps.  For example If you wanted to plan a school deployment, would you draw in the interior walls as thick walls since most of the walls in the school is concrete cinder blocks.

I am unable to find exact answers in the documentation and would appreciate any info on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card