Views
Helpful
Replies

datalogic joya a6 romaing disconnection

silvio.compri80
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have a 2504 controller version 8.5.103 with AP1832i in local mode.

I find many problem with this kind of devices with Androis 7.1.2.

They disconnect frequently when they have to make roaming.

In the same environment all other devices works perfectly for data and voice (Ascom i62)

I attach debug client and show running config

Thank in advance

18 Replies 18

This roaming here looks actually good.
Do you have Aironet IE enabled on the ssid (under Advanced)? If so, try to disable that (unless you require it for something).

Dennis Bland
Level 1
Level 1

What performance level would you like to see?

Without 802.11k/r/v enabled (and you are likely not using a CCXv4 client either), when the client roams to a new AP, the client will completely disassociate from the original AP and perform a complete reassociation/reauthentication with the new AP.  Moreover, many WLAN client drivers will not perform any background scanning while associated to an AP, which means the driver will perform a full channel scan (typically 2-5 seconds) after losing the AP connection due to poor signal strength, in order to select a new AP to reassociate with.

Finally, if you are using WPA-PSK, then the WPA 4-way handshake will not add much time (typically 10 mS) to the reassociation time, but 802.1X with a RADIUS server and EAP method could be considerably longer.

Because OKC is not an official standard and is not tested by the Wi-Fi Alliance, I find it causes interoperability issues.  I recommend turning OKC off.  On the other hand, PMK Caching is an official standard that is a useful feature for non-802.11r implementations. 

For 802.11i (e.g. WPA), it's good practice to require WPA2 with both pairwise and group keys to use AES-CCMP encryption on the AP - if at all possible.  Using WPA/WPA2 with TKIP/CCMP encryption in mixed-mode environments is asking for trouble, especially when 802.11r only allows AES-CCMP encryption.  Any Wi-Fi device produced in the last 10 years will support WPA2 with full AES-CCMP encryption. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card