Views
Helpful
Replies

Establishing Trust Between Separate 9800 WLCs - False Rouge

Endy00000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm seeking assistance with a situation involving two companies operating under the same umbrella, each with their own 9800 Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs) and over 400 Access Points (APs) connected. Currently, our Rogue AP list is extensive, with a considerable portion of the detections being false positives from the other company's APs.

Is there a method available to establish trust between these two controllers to prevent these APs from being flagged as rogue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In essence there is no concept of trust possible , if an AP is seen as rogue ; (not attached to the controller of the observing AP) ; but you  can leave them 'untouched' or mark friendly , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In essence there is no concept of trust possible , if an AP is seen as rogue ; (not attached to the controller of the observing AP) ; but you  can leave them 'untouched' or mark friendly , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card