cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I revert back to the default config on Secure Access Server 5.3?

menscersk
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased new Secure Access Control Servers version 5.1 and have upgraded to version  5.3 with current patches.  Several people have configured one of the appliances and we would like to revert back to the original config with no NDGs or Devices or any other variables configured.  Is this possible?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know a way you can revert back. On VM, I would take a snapshot and revert back that way, but if you have an appliance, the only way is to restore from a backup which you can also do on VM.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

While looking up a command in the CLI reference, I also found the command to reset the acs to factory default.  It is "acs reset-config".  This resets the acs portion only, not the linux appliance, so your IP addresses, DNS, etc. are retained.  It does clear out the license for the ACS, so if you use this make sure you have the license file.  You will also have to go through the initial password setup again.

What is the difference between commands "acs reset-config" and "application reset-config"? CLI doesn't explain that.

Thanks!

Maja

Application reset-config ACS removes everything including the license.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2098392

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card