Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal DHCP scope on WLC 5520

vishald
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends ,

Can you please help me how to create the internal DHCP scope on WLC 5520 , is this feature supported in 5520 as I'm not able to see any internal dhcp option under controller & also CLI cant create the scope .

2 Replies 2

Evan Wheatley
Level 1
Level 1

DHCP server on the 5520 has been deprecated/removed. You'll need to use a separate DHCP server.

-- Evan

>> Please rate helpful responses, its appreciated!

The external dhcp server works like a charm provided I do not have DHCP proxy enabled on the WLC. I have 3 SSIDs for which clients are getting ips from the external server and I only encountered the problem when I configured the 4th SSID Guest on WLC.

When I posted this problem yesterday, I had a laptop connected to the Guest SSID and wlc was acting as expected for DHCP. The problem was with the same laptop then connecting to SSID 'Internet', and getting stuck in DHCP REqD state. I disabled the proxy before i finished work yesterday.

This morning, while the dhcp proxy was off, I had no issues connecting to 'Internet SSID' with the same laptop and external dhcp server was doing the addressing. But I obviously could not connect to the Guest SSID as proxy was disabled.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card