cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express 8.6.101: Connection failure: 60, Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates

Blitter
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to check for new software update from "Management/Software Update/Check Now button" or from the Down arrow icon, Il get an "Connection failure: 60, Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates" error.

Transfer Mode sets to Cisco.com

Cisco Username is set and correct

Cisco Password is set and correct

A private CA and private cert were uploaded to the aironet master APs (running ME 8.6.101) for management reason.

Any information ?

Regards,

Olivier

6 Replies 6

Do you have smartnet service for that Master AP. As per the documentation, without that upgrade process will not initiate. See below 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-4/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_4/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_4_chapter_0111.html#task_DC321B504E9545F4B9201BB29EF5D8BB

• EULA acceptance on a per user basis. Only Master AP (not all APs in the network) must have SMARTNet contract else Software Update will not start

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh32031

Should be fixed in 8.7.102.0 (available now).

Hi

If i can not download the software directly from Cisco.com in management/software update, do you know if i can upgrade from 8.3.121.0 to 8.7.102.0 directly or i have to upgrade step by step ?

Thanks for your return.

The documentation currently lacks this information, but I think that's a documentation failure, because Cisco normally exactly states it. So I assume it should work.
But honestly, I wouldn't go to 8.7, unless it contains a feature you absolutely require. If not, go for the latest 8.5MR3 beta, which you can find in this forum.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I suggest, if compatible with your AP model, to use 8.10.185.0.

Having this issue with version 8.10.171.0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card