Views
Helpful
Replies

Operation State Down

Kasemsan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have a question about troubleshooting " Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:7c:95:f3:6c:c6:30 Cause=Unknown Reset Status:NA " This AP is break down in everyday. Pls support us or give us for information how to fix it out. 

Pls check attached file 

hope to hearing from you soon 

if you have any question Pls feel to contact all the time.

Thank and Regard.

unnamed.png1.pngshow time.pngunnamed (2).png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could be a software bug or hardware fault with this AP.

As you are running a very old 8.1 release, I suggest you upgrade to the latest 8.2.170.0, as there were several security issues fixed since your version. 8.1 has reached EoL and will not anymore get any updates.

Check the compatibility before upgrading, but I think the same AP models are supported in 8.1 and 8.2.

What model of AP are you running?

One more thing, does it always happen at the same time?

If yes, maybe it's attached to a power source that is being powered off at 0:00.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could be a software bug or hardware fault with this AP.

As you are running a very old 8.1 release, I suggest you upgrade to the latest 8.2.170.0, as there were several security issues fixed since your version. 8.1 has reached EoL and will not anymore get any updates.

Check the compatibility before upgrading, but I think the same AP models are supported in 8.1 and 8.2.

If yes, maybe it's attached to a power source that is being powered off at 0:00.

Thank you for your advice and I will try to improve. And here is the detail in the head asked to add it.

AP 1140

Happens at the same time.

the AP

AP uses a power supply as a power injector.

Ok, if it really always happens at the same time, I suspect somebody is turning off the power onsite, like a security guard or a cleaning person. Do you see the switch port going offline at that time too?

From log, switch port not offline at that time and I also have not upgrade firmware 8.2 yet. 

Ok, that means that the power injector is probably not without power, otherwise the switch port should go down.
Still, if it's every day at 0:00:08 +- 5 seconds, I'm pretty sure it's caused by an automated system and not a fault on the AP/software.

So, Should I resolve this problems? And AP/Software is mean recommended firmware,isn't it?

Yes upgrade the firmware, that can fix various other problems. I just doubt it's caused by the firmware, but yes, please try the firmware.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card