cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with AP configuration cisco CBW150AX. I can't connect to netwo

matrixmm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a secret problem with starting Cisco Access Point: CBW150AX-E-EU.
When I connect it directly to the Cisco ASA 5506x, the AP does not want to connect at all. It means it doesn't get the address from DHCP. DHCP allocates a windows server. When I connect any other device to this place, the server assigns an IP. And when I plug in the Cisco AP, the booting process ends with flashing green -> red -> turns off. When I connect the same AC to another router, Cisco starts up and Wi-Fi and the network are normally visible.
Does anyone have an idea how to diagnose this? All other devices on the network work fine. If I set a static IP address in the AP, the AP is not visible in the network anyway. Does not complete the login procedure. The LED constantly says: green->red->off.
Maybe someone with more experience can point me in the right direction or has had this problem before? I updated the firmware to the latest in the AP but it didn't change anything. There is an older AP WAP150 in the network and it is visible without any problems.
I will be grateful for any help.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When I connect it directly to the Cisco ASA 5506x

You mean on of the switch port of ASA right ? what logs you see on the ASA ?

how is that port configured ?

what code ASA running ?  Does ASA knows how to reach to DHCP ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

"what code ASA running ? Does ASA knows how to reach to DHCP ?"  what are You mean?

ASA FTD 6.2.3.

First of all, I plugged it into the switch. which is connected to the ASA. There are many devices connected to the switch and each gets the correct IP. Now to rule out the switch. I plug in ASA port 8, which is in the same BVI1 as the port in which the switch is plugged in. If I connect any device to the same port, it gets an IP. In ASA, DHCP is disabled. When I turned on DHCP on BVI1, it didn't work either.

So High Level Only the AP not getting IP when you connected to switch or ASA code running FTD directly to port.

what happens when you take one of the IP from the Range and configure manually does that works ? (i believe this option available on this model do manually configure IP) - check the admin manual for reference.

When you connect to the Switch - Do you see the MAC address of the AP on the ports.

Also check the  green -> red -> turns off  means in the below document :

CBW150AX LED Normal Boot

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CBW-AX/kmgmt-3377-led-pattern-normal-boot-cbw150ax.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the AP during these  problem sequences and or with console connected observe a complete boot process.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@matrixmm wrote:

When I connect it directly to the Cisco ASA 5506x, the AP does not want to connect at all. It means it doesn't get the address from DHCP. 

That did not work for me, either. I guess it would be too easy if it worked. Check the admin guide to find out how to initialize the AP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_WiFi_6/Admin_Guide/b_cisco_business_wifi_6_admin_guide/m_1_getting_started.html

They provide three methods for it. The first one "Through the Primary AP Setup Wizard and over Wi-Fi" worked for me.

Kris K

matrixmm
Level 1
Level 1

it's not ASA's fault.
I unplug the ASA. I leave the switch alone and the Windows DHCP server and the AP does not come up.

Start: approx. 3 min. green->off->green->off

then about 2 minutes: red->green->off->red->green->off

then about 2 minutes: green->red->off->green->red->off

and repete.

I have something like this in the log:

*osapiBsnTimer: Apr 22 09:15:43.529: %SIM-3-ARP_SND_FAIL: sim.c:1750 Unable to send ARP Request. Local MAC: 14:84:73:64:60:E0.Ip Addr: 103.1.168.192Interface # 1. Vlan Id: 0
*osapiBsnTimer: Apr 22 09:15:33.362: %SIM-3-ARP_SND_FAIL: sim.c:1750 Unable to send ARP Request. Local MAC: 14:84:73:64:60:E0.Ip Addr: 103.1.168.192Interface # 1. Vlan Id: 0
*osapiBsnTimer: Apr 22 09:15:23.376: %SIM-3-ARP_SND_FAIL: sim.c:1750 Unable to send ARP Request. Local MAC: 14:84:73:64:60:E0.Ip Addr: 103.1.168.192Interface # 1. Vlan Id: 0
*apfReceiveTask: Apr 22 09:15:18.985: %APF-5-CLIENT_RUN_STATE: apf_foreignap.c:2253 Client Associated: Assigning Ip Address: (192.168.1.100) to Client MAC: b8:08:cf:5f:62:1a.
*apfMsConnTask_0: Apr 22 09:15:18.312: %APF-5-CLIENT_ASSOCIATE: apf_80211.c:13601 Client Association: Client MAC: b8:08:cf:5f:62:1a, AP Name: AP1484.7364.60E4, Radio: 5 GHz , WLAN Id: 1.

When I reset it and try to start initiate the startup configuration, it behaves identically. Only when I connect it to another router with dhcp can I initiate the startup configuration.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card