Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with new 1552E (Haz) and 5508 WLC

mohamedzidan
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i have a problem with 1552E to register with 5508 WLC, and always got "AAA authentication error” in the WLC log, while AAA is not enabled.  so my question is , do i need to add the MAC address to the WLC MAC filter list even if i not enable the AAA server in the WLC.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is your WLC running on?

Cisco Unified Wireless Network Software Release 7.2 for Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers. 

AIR-CT5500-K9-7-2-110-0

EvaldasOu
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Mohamedzidan!

Of course you need to add APs mac address to WLC MAC address filter list. Why you didn't tried to do it, if you know that this could be a problem ?

Hello EvaldasOu

Thanks for advice i already try it but as this is my first time with WLC, i am trying to understand general concepts.

Anyway, i already configured the system and AP joined the WLC and it looks fine, but..... the radio interface always down and has the following error in WLC log ( AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:f4:7f:35:75:02:40 Cause=Unknown Reset Status:NA)

the 802.11a only is enabled and the other is administratively down.

my scenario based on using point  to multi point solution, so i have enabled the bridge and configured one AP as RAP and the others as MAP, but all AP's has the same issue with radio interface.

thanks

Do you have any WLANs and VLANs configured?

by thw way, i have VLANs confgiured and no WLAN, just two wired netwroks connect using 1552E brigde..

the WLC in a network spearted by a router from the 1552 bridges, and i will have 5 RAPs each connects differnt MAPs

i have captured a part of the required topology. the numbers indicates the building number.

Thanks for any advice..

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure your powering up the AP using direct inline power, AC power or the power injector. The radios will not come up if you power the AP from a PoE switch.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i guess the problem as scott fella said, because i am using PoE switch ( 3560G - PoE) and still waiting for the Power injector ..

I’ll try to find a testing power injector, and will let you know once done..

You could also use an AC adaptor, but that just depends on how you want to power these devices up.  I tried it long time ago using a PoE switch and that is why I asked if that how you are powering them up.  Well let us know.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card