Views
Helpful
Replies

Push to talk on Cisco 7925 Phones

narinderrai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are currently facing issues with group talk feature on Cisco 7925 phones at one of our remote site

we did some testing with this

when all the users are in the same group, say Production, stays in one room, PTT works perfectly fine. But when the users goes inside the plant, they started hearing choppy voice.

now in our environment, we have enabled multicast on the wired side and on wireless side, we are using multicast in unicast mode since this is one of the remote site and AP's are in Flexconnect mode.

cisco wlc running version 7.6.130.0

i need to know if multicast supported in multicast mode in flexconnect environment if I upgrade the code to 8.1.4 .  Will that work???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Have you configured QoS on wireless/wired? What have you set your voice SSID with to support PTT? Have you tuned your RF/Performed site surveys to ensure the phones are always receiving -67 dBm at any given point?

This is quite old but a lot of the concepts and considerations are similar. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/71642-vocera-deploy-guide.html

To refer to your original question, multicast-multicast mode is not supported with FlexConnect on any code.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Have you configured QoS on wireless/wired? What have you set your voice SSID with to support PTT? Have you tuned your RF/Performed site surveys to ensure the phones are always receiving -67 dBm at any given point?

This is quite old but a lot of the concepts and considerations are similar. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/71642-vocera-deploy-guide.html

To refer to your original question, multicast-multicast mode is not supported with FlexConnect on any code.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Thanks Ric

I will check the QoS and voice SSID settings .i m pretty sure that we are using platinum for voice ssid.

but can we achieve the good quality sound with no delays or choppy voice in Push to talk if multicast used in unicast mode in the flex connect environment 

i want to address this problem without bringing a local controller at the remote site.

please let me know... thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card