Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect to website is not working with ise

Our topology wlc is integrated with ise and we created 2 ssids with portal redirect so after authentication success should redirect to specific website but the issue that redirection to the website is not working for android even though it is working for windows and i phone 

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of certs  you using ?

how about you type website manually on the android phone that works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

it works with manaual typing 

if that works manual typing using FQDN or IP ?

then we need to troubleshoot

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Agreed with @balaji.bandi - you need to be using FQDN DNS names with trusted certificates.  If you don't then you're guaranteed to experience this type of problem with modern equipment which strictly enforces security for certificates.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the  wireless LAN controller model being used ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

5508 and 8510

Software version 8.5 and 8.0

- For 8510 use  https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284493532/type/280926587/release/8.5.182.0
   And for 5508 use https://software.cisco.com/download/specialrelease/2702eede2b47a5c3bb40795bbe836af6
                  ( According to : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html )

- This is important for the aireos based controllers as the platform is being phased out : they should use last/latest release available

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Just to clarify 8510 should also be using 8.5.182.11 not 8.5.182.0 !

@Turki.A.Baqatada when quoting software versions you need to quote the complete version number - not just just 8.X major version numbers - so a software version will be 8.X.Y(.Z) - the 4th digit (Z) applies to Escalation Images which are special rebuilds of the original release with additional bug fixes.

Can i see how you config webauth ?

MHM

alisha_rascon01
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with the redirection to a specific website after successful authentication on your Wi-Fi network, particularly with Android devices. Since it's working fine with Windows and iPhone devices, the problem likely lies in the way Android handles the redirection or some compatibility issue.

@alisha_rascon01 you're basically just repeating what @Turki.A.Baqatada already said so does not actually help identify the issue or solve the problem!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card