Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regulatory Domain Mismatch- AP fails to Join WLC

Dear Team,

We have WLC 2504  , having ZA as country configured , and having all of the APs are with model AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9. All the six AP s are working fine.

But we need to add one more AP, which is   AIR-LAP1142N-N-K9 . Could you please let me know the best practice to incorporate this AP ?

what will be the implications of adding one more country ? will it affect the existing one ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

But we need to add one more AP, which is   AIR-LAP1142N-N-K9 . Could you please let me know the best practice to incorporate this AP ?

Convert the AP to autonomous.

Leo,

Its a WLC controlled environment and we need to add one more AP ,as there is a new room.

Its a WLC controlled environment and we need to add one more AP ,as there is a new room.

The AP has the wrong Regulatory Domain.  There's nothing that can be done to get the AP to join the controller except convert the AP into autonomous.  

Otherwise, find an AP with the correct Regulatory Domain.

Leo,

Thank you for your comments

Apologies for being  naive in wireless technology, But please clarify what will happen if I add the supported country also in wlc

Apologies for being  naive in wireless technology, But please clarify what will happen if I add the supported country also in wlc

Depending on what firmware the WLC is running on, there are TWO things that can happen:

• In the WLC code 8.0 and earlier, if there are two (or more) conflicting Regulatory Domain enabled, one of the radios of the AP will be permanently disabled.  
  • In WLC code 8.1 (and later), if there are two (or more) conflicting Regulatory Domain enabled, both radios will be enabled but only common MCS rates will be enabled.  
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card