cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Robust WiFi Needed For Small Business

rpolanaroo
Level 1
Level 1

I need a very robust commercial grade WiFi solution that will support up to 40 concurrent Users. It is a relatively small office environment but there are six large rooms separated with (of course) walls. It's all one floor. Currently there are about 20 employees in a Workgroup (non-Domain) environment).

We have been using Apple's Airport but it simply does not have the punch, bottom line. Additionally, each Unit is limited to a maximum of ten concurrent Users.

Any recommendations for a commercial grade WiFi solution? Again, would need a base unit and four to five Slaves that can pickup that signal whether based on the strength of the Base or via Repeater(s).

I've been in IT for some 20 years now and while I've a great deal of experience with WiFi I have not deployed anything new within the past three years or so.

Thank you,

Ron

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First and foremost, what is your budget?

For a simple site, I'd consider getting either the 1040, 1140 or the 3500 AP if you want to support 802.11a/b/g/n.

Whether or not you need a wireless LAN controller (WLC) is up to you.  Basically the WLC makes management and configuration of your wireless easier because this is where you do all your configuration.  The configuration is then pushed out to the APs involved.  The 3500 AP requires a WLC but the 1040 and 1140 doesn't.

“Review