Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeking help...

Steve Benner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

First time out here on the Cisco discussion board and seeking a little help...

My company currently has a WLC-4402-12-K9 in house and is up and running without issue (except that we're out of WAP licenses).

With that said, I finally got management to break down and upgrade to a 50 since we are expanding these days (yeah, there's a shocker!)  With that said, I need to find out the easiest way to pull the configuration off the old 4402-12 and roll it onto the 4402-50.

I'd really appreciate the help, my boss tasked me with this and although I can speak Cisconese without issue, this little beast makes me a bit "apprehensive" to say the least.  Foreign territory!!! 

Thanks in advance.

Steve

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firstly, you can no longer buy the 4400.

Secondly, I'd recommend you consider a 5508 with AP license of 100 instead of just 50.

Steve Benner
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the advice, however I did buy the unit from a hardware reseller (so I got that one covered). 

Now that I have the device, I seek the wisdom of all to configure this device to be an in-place upgrade to my existing 4402-12.

Thanks again though for the advice, next time I'll consider it.

Do you want to REPLACE your 4402-12 with a 4404-50 or do you want to run them in tandem?

If you want to run the two in tandem, copy the config of the 4402-12 and change the IP addresses (except the virtual IP address).

If you want to replace, then copy the config across the 4404-50.

Hi Steve,

Yes you can copy configs from one 4402 to another. Check this link :

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_managing_ctrlr.html#wp1063850

You can also edit the config file ( post 5.2 code ) to change IP address etc.

I would recommend to move to 7.0.220.0 first on 4402-12 as in previous releases there were many things not copied when you backup WLC config..

Thanks..Salil

All -

Your advice was right on target.  That's exactly what I needed to do and it worked like a charm.

Hats off to you...  THANKS!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Can you mark the question answered so others can benefit as well while they search .

Have a good day.

Thanks.Salil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card