cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC connection to internet

Fathi Hanif
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to make an internet connection with vWLC without any switch? If yes, how? If no, can I use something like mikrotik routerboard as a L3 device?, and how to set it up? I have WLAN access already. Please help me, this is my first time working with LWAP. I use vWLC 8.2.166 on ESXi 6.5 on VMWare Workstation 12.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No need to use switch after all. I just need to static route the wlan dynamic interface to my laptop. Thx

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes this would work, but you require at least one manageable switch, where your ESX and your AP are connected to. Maybe it even works without a managed switch, but it's better with.
Have a look at the installation guide for vWLC:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-2/b_Virtual_Wireless_LAN_Controller_Deployment_Guide_8-2.html

Thx for the reply, it's a bad news for me. Can I use any manageable switch? Or it should have L3 connection? Which part of the guide should I read? As my vWLC is already configured now

No need to use switch after all. I just need to static route the wlan dynamic interface to my laptop. Thx

Ah great!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card