Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Firmware Upgrade Problems

davetibbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I  currently have 3 WAP4410n's (actually, they're WAP4410N-E V02s) that  have been really unreliable since I got them - so much so that we've had  to cron a restart script on another server which is frankly ridiculous -  they've always run firmware version 2.0.2.1.

I've  tried updating the firmware to new versions in the past with no success  - when I do so, it looks like everything's fine, but when I log back  in, the fixed IP address information isn't shown, and the wireless is  disabled.  I can enable it, but I can't select a channel.

At  this point, I have to revert back to the old firmware.  I've tried  restoring to factory setttings before and after the firmware flash, but  this hasn't changed anything.

However, recently I was able to flash firmware 2.0.5.3 onto only one of the routers - it worked fine and all information was displayed and  wireless enabled correctly.  However on the other two, no matter what I  try, the firmware won't upgrade succesfully - it looks like everything's  fine, but the fixed IP information isn't shown and wireless/channels  are disabled.

What's going on here, and how do I solve it?  I'm tearing my hair out over these.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card