cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WGB disconnection

NotKnown12880
Level 1
Level 1

Using Cisco AP1532E as WGB with image ap1g3-k9w7-mx.153-3.JK7. From time to time some WGBs disconnect from the uplink APs. hhappens only when the mobility device is not moving and parked close to the one of the uplink APs.  Coverage is excellent. The WGB is blinking green when checking the device and log is as in the attachment. I suspect the device witht he WGB is parked to close the AP causing mayhem. Client RSSI goes from -63 to -23 some minutes before disconnect. Client SNR similar figures. 

We have Cisco DNA for monitoring. 

Any advise?

3 Replies 3

jagan.chowdam
Level 7
Level 7

I don't see log file attached to your original post. Can you share the log file again. 

Will you be able to run the following commands on the WGB

show bridge
show dot11 associations
debug dot11 dot11 0 trace print uplink

Jagan Chowdam

/**Please rate useful responses**/

Hi Jagan. Thx for replying. I cannot share the complete log due to company rules.

Show bridge command is ok, nothing suspicious. show dot11 associations show no connection to parent device. 
As per your advise, I have enabled the "debug dot11 dot11radio 0 trace print uplink" on 2 WGBs having this issue. I will post the results when the issue happens again, might take a few days.

This is old document, but still may provide useful information on optimizing WGB configurations.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1130-ag-series/113198-wgb-roam-config.html 

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card