cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired Guest issues in foreign-acnhor setup

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Wired guests are not able to get out to internet, they can ping only at when payload is set to 1300 bytes or lower, this seems like an MTU issue, but its only effecting wired guest not wireless guest.

Setup is a 9800 foreign on 17.9.5 code and 5520 anchor on 8.10.19.0

Tunnel is up.

I couldn't find an option on 9800 to adjust mss for wired-guest like its done for APs mss-adjust fo wireless traffic. I tried on "ip tcp-mss adjust" uplink interface SVI on 9800 but it did not help.

strangely this issue is only when 9800-5520 foreign-anchor combo is used, many locations with all 5520s foreign-anchor setup and work fine without any mss adjustments.

I couldn't find any known bug or any major documentation on this.

let me know if anyone has has similar encounter and how you fixed it.

-hope this helps-
5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Wired guests are not able to get out to internet, they can ping only at when payload is set to 1300 bytes or lower, this seems like an MTU issue, but its only for wired guest not for wireless guest.
                 What do you mean by that in the sense that the controller on either foreign or anchor only deals with wireless clients ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/technical-reference/c9800-best-practices.html
                           Look for MSS with Find in browser , and command directives to tweak and tryout   . 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

mss at AP level is already set, as i mentioned before wireless client do not have any issue, we will be opening a tac case most likely. thanks for looking into it.

-hope this helps-

- If there are productive outcomes , you may want to post : always happy to learn!

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card