cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge configuration help

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I have a Cisco IR829GW router with an embedded wireless AP and here is what I am looking to do and I am hoping someone out there has done this or knows how. The embedded AP on the router will be bridging to an inside AP that is a controller based AP and the controller is a 5508 controller.

I need to configure a wireless bridge from the embedded AP on the router to a controller based AP on the inside of our building. I will need to know how I can use the 2.4GHz radio for clients and the 5GHz radio for the wireless bridge. The embedded AP will be in Autonomous mode and is already in that mode. Also on the embedded AP there will be an SSID called DAYLIGHT with the VLAN ID 150 subnet 10.150.150.0/24 and will only use the 2.4GHz radio because the 5GHz radio will be used for the bridge.

So I am hoping someone can help with the Bridge connection with the 5GHz radio and then use the 2.4Ghz radio for clients.

What do I need to do to get this configured?

2 Replies 2

Refer this post & see if you could setup 5GHz radio on 829 as a WGB. In this way clients on 2.4GHz should be able to backhole using 5GHz WGB connection.

https://mrncciew.com/2014/01/04/wireless-wired-clients-behind-wgb/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for the information. Very helpful and I almost got this working. Just working out a couple more things.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card