Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM2 time reset to default after powering off 6505E and provisioning database

Lim Victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

it is normal for the WISM2 time to be resetted to default of 1 Jan 2000 after rebooting the 6506E if no NTP is configured?

I had to configure it back to the correct time. If not, the APs will not come up.

Also, does the ap or wlc keep track of the ap group the ap is provisioned to?

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
it is normal for the WISM2 time to be resetted to default of 1 Jan 2000 after rebooting the 6506E if no NTP is configured?

Yes.  This is a normal behaviour.  WiSM-1 does NOT have a clock in it's system.  It doesn't make any financial sense to design a hardware with a built-in clock when no one uses this function anyway.  The WiSM-1/2 will be "housed" in a chassis and possibly with a valid NTP sync.  So why not point the NTP there.  This is the philosophy to it all.

Why don't you want to configure NTP? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.  This is a normal behaviour.  WiSM-1 does NOT have a clock in it's system.  It doesn't make any financial sense to design a hardware with a built-in clock when no one uses this function anyway.  The WiSM-1/2 will be "housed" in a chassis and possibly with a valid NTP sync.  So why not point the NTP there.  This is the philosophy to it all.

Why don't you want to configure NTP? 

Hi leolaohoo,

I am not sure if my customer has a NTP server. Will check with them on this.

Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it:)

Regards,

Victor

Thanks Victor. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card