Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9912 and mgmt interface bundle

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

is it possible in ASR 9912 (2 RP Trident) configure a bundle beetwen the MGMT0 of RPACTIVE abe the MGMT0 pf RP standby and assign the ipv4 address to the bundle interface?

Regards

Alessandro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to configure VRRP or HSRP, its taken care of in the infra. You just need to configure the three address, one on each RP in the same subnet and the virtual ip, yes all mgmt traffic leaving the mgmt ports can be sourced from the virtual address.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K-PE2-R1(config)#ipv4 virtua address ?

A.B.C.D/prefix IPv4 address/prefix or IPv4 address and Mask

use-as-src-addr Use as default src address on sourced packets?

vrf Select VRF for which the virtual ip address is configured

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K-PE2-R1(config)#ipv4 virtua address use-as-src-addr

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-service-provider-subjects/ios-xr-ipv4-virtual-address/td-p/1421144

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

xr-escalation
Level 1
Level 1
No it's not possible, but there is a method to configure virtual ips across both rps. Just like hsrp or vrrp concept.

The cli is IPv4 virtual address ....

Regards
Eddie.

Hi Eddie,

thank you very nuch.

So i can assign one ip for RP-1 and one on RP-2 and use VRRP or HSRP with a VIP?

Can I use this VIP as source for SNMO,LOG,ETC,....?

In otheg words how can i perform redundancy for managmnte using only one ip address (i thing i'm going to use a couple of 1G interface, bundle them and assign an IP to the bundle even if i don't like to much this solution)

You don't need to configure VRRP or HSRP, its taken care of in the infra. You just need to configure the three address, one on each RP in the same subnet and the virtual ip, yes all mgmt traffic leaving the mgmt ports can be sourced from the virtual address.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K-PE2-R1(config)#ipv4 virtua address ?

A.B.C.D/prefix IPv4 address/prefix or IPv4 address and Mask

use-as-src-addr Use as default src address on sourced packets?

vrf Select VRF for which the virtual ip address is configured

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K-PE2-R1(config)#ipv4 virtua address use-as-src-addr

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-service-provider-subjects/ios-xr-ipv4-virtual-address/td-p/1421144

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you very much