cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown PLATFORM ENVMON Syslog Message

Evan Roggenkamp
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this log over and over again on one of our 9001 and I am not sure what it means. I can't seem to find any information about it. So far the router's service has not been impacted. 

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:2016 Apr  7 09:19:22.975 UTC: envmon[210]: %PLATFORM-ENVMON-3-OPERATION_FAIL : Failed in envmon_cpm_rev_hdlr.2136, error code Invalid argument

5 Replies 5

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Evan,

What version of code are you on?

Do you happen to have any other error messages?

Are you using any satellite boxes? If so what type?

I would recommend checking show environment on the 9K and from the satellite checking show satellite environment to see if anything seems odd.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam 

We are on 5.2.2

There is also another alarm:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:2016 Apr  7 09:23:00.975 UTC: envmon[210]: %PLATFORM-ENVMON-4-SAT_DOM_SENSOR_ALARM : [Satellite 200]: ALARM_HIGH alarm occurred for DOM sensor type TEMPERATURE and port number 8

We have two NV Satellites, (9000v) & "sh nv satellite status" seems to indicate they are both up and "stable." 

Thanks

Also seeing the same error running 5.1.2 with 2x 901 nV satellites.

Only seeing this on boxes with satellites connected so assuming it's this.

Hi Team 

Any news regarding this issue seeing the same on a satellite NCS 5002 over and over again 

The environmental monitoring apparently can't read data from one of the sensors. If reported only during boot-up, this can be safely ignored. If reported consistently, the outputs of "admin show environment all", "admin show logging onboard temperature" and/or "admin show logging onboard voltage" could help. If this is observed with a recent IOS XR release, it would be the best if you would open a TAC SR because I couldn't find recent known bugs with this symptom.