Heard about our new WebEx app for Android? https://communities.cisco.com/message/63828#63828
Well, we are also very proud to announce Cisco Mobile for Android.
You may already be familiar with our successful Cisco Mobile 8.1 app for iPhone: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11596/index.html
As a reminder, Cisco Mobile is an app that lets you place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your smartphone.
Cisco Mobile for Android turns your smartphone into an IP phone, while also providing corporate directory lookup and enterprise telephony calling features.
You can run Cisco Mobile for Android in the background to receive calls but not interfere with other applications on your smartphone. With Cisco Mobile, you can also:
· Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, masking your personal phone number
· Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network, keeping calls live without disconnecting
· Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls
Cisco Mobile for Android features utilize the native Android interface, making them easy to use:
· Add, conference, and swap calls with multiple callers using simple soft-key commands
· Be alerted to and listen to your office voice messages with a single click
· Access your company directory while you are on the go
Cisco Mobile for Android will be available to download in late March 2011.
You can also read what Samsung had to say about the value of Cisco Mobile in their Feb 13 press release.
So what kind of Android phone do you have? We don't officially support Cisco Mobile on all Android phones, but that doesn't mean you can't give it a try. Come back in late March and give it a try?
Message was edited on April 19, 2013: Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).