Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 3K supports BRI and SRST?

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have gone through CUCMBE 3K documentation and can't find a clear answer whether it supports BRI and SRST (for remote sites)? Doco says that we can use 2901 ISRG2 for additional T1/E1 does that mean PRI only or BRI as well? Also, for remote sites only options is to 2901 ISRG2 or can we use other model gateways as well?

Thanks
Aamir

4 Replies 4

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

OK, CUCM SRND says BE 3000 doesn't support SRST which makes it very hard to position this product. Considering 2901 ISRG2 at remote sites are SRST capable why not enable SRST functionality on BE 3000 as well?

Also, It appears that BE 3000 only support PRI and FXO, what about BRI's?

Thanks
Aamir

Here is a link showing the matrix of supported products

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe3k/compat/3kcompmtx.html

As to why it doesn’t support it, well BE3K is meant for very small customers and today it doesn’t have the complete feature parity that a BE5K or 6K has. It does have a cold standby option but SRST is on the roadmap.

So if you want comprehensive feature compatibility it is best to look at 5k or 6k

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini, I have had a look at the matrix, can't believe BRI is not supported as SMB customers more likely to have BRI as opposed to PRI.

Documentation for 3K is not that great either, for example ordering guide say 3K supports compact version of attendant console yet I don't find any reference to it in compatibility matrix, Similarly, one of the preso slides says 3K supports "cold standby" redundancy yet I don't find any reference to that it install/admin guide

Regards,

Aamir

Maybe because 3000 is using SIP not SCCP.  In the case of SIP the dialplan would have to be configured on the gateways in the case of a failure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: