cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have Cisco Fax Server (aka RightFax) questions?

gregsettle
Level 1
Level 1

If there are any questions regarding Cisco Fax Server (aka RightFax) as Cisco ends support renewal options in 2013, I can be of assistance. I can also assist with technical integration guides and other information.

Greg Settle

UC Strategic Accounts Manager

OpenText

35 Replies 35

jkurtz
Level 1
Level 1

Greg,

My name is Jarrod Kurtz and I am an architect in convergence for IBM.  I need the correct integration documentation to support the following setup:

PSTN -- SIP -- GW -- SIP -- CUCM 8.6 -- SIP -- RightFax 10.0

Any help or guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciate.  Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Jarrod Kurtz

Global Technology Services

IBM

jkurtz@us.ibm.com

Hi Jarrod,

RightFax documentation was just sent.  Let me know if I can assist further.

Regards,

Greg

UC Strategic Accounts Manager

gsettle@opentext.com

Hi,

I have a similar deployment with the following:

PSTN -- SIP -- GW -- SIP -- CUCM 8.6 -- SIP -- RightFax 10.0

Is there any documentation that will tell me what configurations are required to make this work?  Currently when we dial one of the fax numbers, it is translated in CUCM to point into the SIP trunk for the Right Fax.  We get fax tones but the call drops.

Any help would be appreciated.

Randy

Randy,

If you provide an email address, I'll send you the RightFax and CUCM 8.x integration document.  I can also direct you to your OpenText RightFax regional representative if you'd like (geographic location needed).

Regards,

Greg

Randy.desroches@bellaliant.ca

hi Greg

hope you are well

we are trying to get faxes send out from our new Rightfax server via our Cisco SBCs. Righfax server - SIP Trunk, do you have any documentation on this. Also is there a way to send a CLID from the RF server ? so it matches a pattern on the Cisco SBC ? thanks in advance

Hi,

Pls send right fax documentation to rasakkvr@gmail.com

mchambliss
Level 4
Level 4

Greg,

I have a customer with RightFax 9.4.  He wants to upgrade CUCM to 9.1.  What is the path for him to take in terms of upgrading RightFax, and what is the compatibility for CUCM 9.1?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

We are in the process of completing our testing of RightFax 10.5 (latest version) with CUCM 9.x.  Certification and documentation expected within 60 days.  In the meantime, OpenText will provide 'best effort' support for previous versions of RightFax and CUCM 9.x integrations. 

RightFax upgrades are available to clients with either a valid Cisco or OpenText support contract.  I'll email you the upgrade form for clients with OpenText RightFax support contracts.  If support is with Cisco, the client can contact Cisco TAC and request the upgrade.

Regards,

Greg

Mark,

The email reply I sent failed to deliver.  I can send you the OpenText RightFax upgrade request form if you email me directly at gsettle@opentext.com.

Regards,

Greg

dmeersman
Level 1
Level 1

Greg, thanks for the offer to help.  I am a new employee at a hospital that has been trying to get right fax installed for over a year.  In looking at all the vendor emails and documentation from prior employees here I only see Right Fax documentation for server configuration.  If you can provide the Cisco integration guide that would be great. The current setup as I can tell from a Cisco perspective is CUCM 8.5.1 --->SIP trunk----> RightFax server.  I'm not sure how the Right Fax server is configured as I was just alerted to this project this morning.

Thanks,

Hi Derek,

I can send you the RightFax and CUCM integration guide, however I need an email address.  You can email me directly at gsettle@opentext.com

Regards,

Greg

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Greg,  How must CUCM be licensed for OpenText Rightfax server supporting 40 Fax Machines?

Is it 40 Essential CUCM licenses, or concurrent expected connections licensed, or 1 license???

From a RightFax perspective, the integration is typically an IP/FoIP integration via T.38 and SIP or H.323.  This is a single IP integration.  I cannot confirm Cisco's CUCM licensing requirements regarding fax throughput and if this requires more than a single license based on number of simultaneous transmissions.  Recommend checking with Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: