Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Series 79xx Licensing

mohdshajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srini,

Is it mandatory that Basic License should be choosed only for 6921 phones ??

Can we choose Basic for 7900 Series of phones or alteast for 7911 phones which was replaced with 6921 phones.

7 Replies 7

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Mohammad,

I have moved your post to a new discussion since your question relates to licensing of IP phones and not CUCM, which was the original thread content. A Cisco expert will be responding to your post shortly.

Thank you for your participation in the community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately no the licensing is driven by the model

7900 falls in the ENH category

Only 6911/21 are basic models

Thanks

Srini

Srini is correct... with CUCM Rls 7.1(5), 8.x, and 9.x, the IP Phone 7911 model requires a minimum of an Enhanced UCL license. The Basic UCL license supports the 6911 and 6921 IP Phones as well as all the devices supported by the Essential UCL license.

Thanks,

Jason

Mohammed Kaleem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.....In Cisco Commerce Workspace CCW, when I add Cisco 7931 IP Phone, it does not mention ENH License. It is still showing SW-CCME-UL-7931. Do I have to add it as a spare and then add SW-CCME-UL-ENH= license seperately as below:

12 x CP-7931G= (IP Phone Spare)

12 x CON-SNT-CP7931 (1-Yr SmartNet)

12 x SW-CCME-UL-ENH= (CCME Enhanced License for 79xx Series IP Phone)

Thanks,

Mohammed Kaleem

Correct if you add spare you can add licensing separately

Thanks

Srini

mo sh
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Mohdshajan,

For more information about licensing you can refer to :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/bulletin-c25-73…

As the other friends described, You can't use basic license for 7900. Also be informed 7911 is EoS. If you are going to order new IP phones I suppose to check 7800 series.

Best Regards

Moj

Thank you so much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: