Views
Helpful
Replies

1000v upgrade and vSphere client version

valentinop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

after the upgrade of 1000v VSM & VEM manual the vSphere client still reporting version 4.0 00000 on networking tab. Also, the bundle id after the command "sh vmware vem upgrade status" report a different version as below:

Upgrade Bundle ID:

VSM: VEM500-201306160100-BG

DVS: VEM410-201301152101-BG

There are a problem the bundle ID mismatch or it's used only in case of automated upgrade with VUM with the notify and proceed? Is possible to update the version on vmware vSphere client to 4.2 or is only a cosmetic issue?

Thanks you.

Val.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The bundle ID is used for future VEM installs; not for vCloud.  These should match following a notify, proceed, complete.  Have you attempted to run this command again?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure you used the right file when you upgraded the VEM modules?

Also did you remember to run "vmware vem upgrade complete" on the VSM?

louis

Hi,

yes I've relaunch the command vmware vem upgrade notify & completed and now the Bundle ID are correct updated.

I still have the version on vSphere client to 4.0 and not 4.2 also we open a case with vmware asking about the version on vSphere client and they said that this version should be 5.1 ( I don't care about that, this is the version reported on OVF file during the first installation of VSM), right?

val.

Hi,

I ran the vmware vem upgrade notify, procece and complete without the VUM on virtual center and now the bundle ID is upto VEM500-201306160100-BG.

I would know if the bundle ID DVS is used for VMWare vCloud or is used only during the VEM upgrade. I don't find any related document explain this.

Val.

The bundle ID is used for future VEM installs; not for vCloud.  These should match following a notify, proceed, complete.  Have you attempted to run this command again?

Hi mwronkow,

Do we need downtime when we run notify, proceed, complete?

Thanks

Each host needs to be placed in main. mode.  This will be automatic if using ESXi HA.

Hi mwronkow

I have already upgrade the VEM and VIB manually and done with "update vem feature level". vSphere Networking is also version 5.0.0

On the Cisco 1000v

Upgrade Bundle ID:

VSM: VEM500-201612340101-BG

DVS: VEM410-201210150101-BG

Do I still need to put maintenance on the host?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: