Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7800 Series Phones - CUCME Support

ATINC BAYTAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any document or information that you can share about CUCME support for new Cisco 7800 series phones? Is it supported at the moment, or when will it be committed to?

Thanks and regards

42 Replies 42

kimcneil
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The IP Phone 7800 Series as of time of announcement (Oct 2013) is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Business Edition 600 and Hosted Collaboration Solution. It is not currently supported on Communications Manager Express. Roadmap for support is summer CY2014.

Regards,

Kirk McNeill

Product Solutions Industry Marketing

Cisco Systems

78xx phones willl be supported with CME in July 2014

Thanks

Mili

ATINC BAYTAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kirk and Mili,

Thank you for both of you for your valuable inputs.

Regards

jamcgrath
Level 1
Level 1

What version(s) of CME will be supported, and is the timeline for support still July, 2014?

78xx phone support in actually coming in March 2014

IOS 15.4(1)T

Thanks

Mili

Hi Mili,

Is this July '14 or March '14? Can you please confirm? I will commit one customer based on that.

Thanks.

March 2014 - we are working on updating the docs.

So to be safe side - please mention April 2014 to customer

although 78XX and 8831 Conference phones are not officially supported as of now but it can register with CME, the link was shared to me by one of the Cisco engineer in one webex training session.

I have never tested this but as per Cisco there is no reason that the configuration is not going to work, so try this and I am sure that even now you can have 78XX series phone working with CME.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmebasic.html#wp1291314

Hi Mili,

I've just tried IOS Version 15.4(1)T1 and there doesn't seem to be any support for the 7800 series or the 8831?

Also tried the Fast-Track Configuration feature but and can get 7800 series phones to register but there are issues with the handset and speaker not working.

Do you have working examples of using the Fast-Track Configuration feature for the 8831 and the various 7800 series models?

Thanks,

Phil

CME version: c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-1.T.bin ( CME 10.0)

78xx phone load: sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4

8831 phone load: sip8831.9-3-3-5.

Above is the CME version and the phone firmware that have been tested.

I will update with the config sample in a few. ( waiting for the config)

Thanks

Mili

Mili,

Did you ever get the configuration examples? 

Thanks!

JGoto

anthony-dean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Mili,

Any chance of the config? Thanks heaps.

-Anthony

CME admin guide should get updated with the config sample by next week

Hi ,

I was looking for the configuration of Secure SIP lines on the CME and found in the link bellow that "Secure SIP lines are not supported on the Cisco Unified CME mode", only Secure SCCP lines is supported:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmeauth.html

Is there any roadmap to it?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: